The Modernity Cover Concepts survey closed on Friday as planned, but since the weekend was busy with preparing for NerdvanaCon this coming Saturday (plus unplanned teenage family drama) and a new Fate Accelerated Edition (FAE) group full of teenage girls (actually not the source of the family drama, if you can believe it). The new FAE group includes some wackiness I couldn’t’ve dreamed up (High Concepts) for the members of the band “Power Outage”:
- Merman Musician on a Motorcycle
- Backup Bard with a Dream
- Concert Fashion Designer
- Dwarf Wizard in Oversized Robes
- Des Bus-ito (think Transformers-style tour bus)
- Knight with a Loaded Mind
Anyway, that’s why I’m just now wading through the survey responses and aggregating the numbers to get a better picture (pardon the put) of your thoughts on the four concepts. Some things that I’ve already observed:
- Some of you are very, very “honest” with your feedback. I asked for your unvarnished opinions, and boy howdy did y’all deliver! (I think I can tell who the reddit respondents are by the tone of their input. Heh.)
- There seems to be a very consistent preference for one style in particular, but there are some outliers who love the others. Have to ponder on that.
- It’s clear from the feedback that I’ve still got work to do to improve even the most popular style of the four. Roger that!
- I could be wrong, but there seems to be a little hold-over bias based on the original Modernity art style. Not sure how to account for that, but I’ll keep thinking about it.
- Some of you offered to engage in a discussion via email, and I definitely plan to take you up on the offer. Thank you double!
I’ll be getting out the analog random number generators of the percentile variety this evening to determine who the winner of the DriveThruRPG gift certificate is. If all goes as planned, I’ll be announcing that winner later this week and sending fifty of my own dollars ($50!) to that lucky person.
Again, thank you all of your input!