I do get to play from time to time, not just run play test games. I stoked to get to play today, too. Mack is running an adaptation of Venture City based in the One Punch Man universe set in San Antonio, Texas. Our first epic session last week involved rescuing a YouTube star’s kitty from a tree, being attacked by “super haters” and their dobermans, and foiling a robbery of a Valero Cornerstore by a “super hater” sympathizer intending to ambush us. [You can tell how seriously we take our gaming!]
In the spirit of excitement, I figured I’d share my character with you, because he’s the awesomest. No. Srsly. He’s all the good bits of Mumen Rider rolled into an All-American cybernetic package.
Prognos (a.k.a. Allan Small)
An unassuming, average looking fellow with brown eyes and brown hair cut in what will be the fashion next season. Dresses formally in suit and tie in what will be the next breakout designer’s look.
- High Concept: Spoiler Alert!
- Trouble: I brake for underdogs.
- Prophet for Fun & Profit
- All Six Degrees
- A Techno-Wizard Is Never Late
Constructed as a government experiment to produce the perfect infiltration agent in the form of a human/AI hybrid, Allan arranged to have Project Prognos canceled as a dismal failure. Given a 10% medical discharge (because he causes headaches in others around him and he complains of mild arthritis due to the cyberwire installations), he is now an attorney (mostly pro bono) who works as a financial advisor (day-trader) for charities, community organizer (rabble-rouser and lobbyist) for several NGOs, political advisor to local campaigns (only liberty-minded candidates), and civil rights activist for libertarian causes–when he’s not saving puppies, getting kitties out of trees, or fighting crime. It’s the little distractions that keep him from going mad with boredom brought on by always knowing what other people are thinking as well as what’s going to happen next.
- Basic Precognition (Defend against physical attacks with Notice)
- Drawback: Always Looking to the Future, Never His Mind On Where He Is
- Special Effect: Physical Recovery/You recover from all physical stress.
- Special Effect: Mental Recovery/You recover from all mental stress.
- Collateral Damage: Future Echoes/Everyone else attacks at -4 for the rest of the scene.
- Master Precognition (Enhancement; +2 Notice to defend against physical attacks)
- Basic Influence (Synergy; Attack Rapport vs. Will to force others to act as I chose.)
- Basic Teleportation (Synergy; Move up to 3 zones in line of sight as an action.)
- Basic Telepathy (Synergy; Use Notice to read surface thoughts and detect unfamiliar minds in my current or adjacent zones.)
- Master Telepathy (Enhancement; +2 Notice when reading minds)
- Basic Energy Blast (Synergy; You can fire a projectile of some sort–microwave laser, with a range of three zones, using Shoot.)
- Basic Technology Theme (Cyberwire Implants along all neural and nerve pathways; Power Amplification/Nullification don’t work on me.)
- Great (+4): Rapport
- Good (+3): Shoot, Contacts
- Fair (+2): Notice, Resources, Burglary
- Average (+1): Lore, Stealth, Crafting, Investigate